The Cordillera Review
Journal of Philippine Culture and Society
Call for Papers
The Cordillera Review is an open-access internationally refereed electronic journal published biannually by the University of the Philippines through its research arm, the Cordillera Studies Center. It is a multidisciplinary journal devoted to the publication of both local and international studies on Philippine culture and society. Given the geographical location and research thrust of the University of the Philippines Baguio, The Cordillera Review puts an emphasis on research about the Cordillera Region and other parts of Northern Luzon, Philippines. However, it encourages submission of national and global comparative studies and papers that contribute to the debate on theoretical and methodological approaches to the study of indigenous and upland societies such as in issues of :
- ethnicity and identity politics
- systems of representation
- political economy of language, literature and culture
- history and political dynamics
- cultural policy
- environmental politics
- diasporic practices
- artistic and intellectual traditions, etc.
Although it cannot accommodate scientific or empirical papers in the hard sciences, the journal welcomes articles on science and technology that illuminate issues and concerns in Philippine society especially in indigenous communities in the country and elsewhere in the world.
- Journal-length Manuscript
- Abstract of 150 words with five keywords
- Author-Date documentation, Chicago Manual of Style, 17th edition
- All notes should appear at the end of the article.
- Images, illustrations, figures and tables in high resolution (at least 300dpi) must be sent as separate files, theirplacements properly indicated in the manuscript and appropriately captioned
- All files sent as email attachment (.docx for documents and .png for graphics)
- Biographical note of 100 words
- Certification that manuscript has not been published, and is not being considered for publication elsewhere.
Submission Deadline: 28 February 2022
Submit articles to:
For more details on review process and copyright policies, view the microsite at: https://thecordillerareview.upb.edu.ph/call-for-papers/ or scan the QR code below.
The Cordillera Review is published by the
University of the Philippines Baguio through its
research arm, the Cordillera Studies Center.
Terms & Conditions
I have read and agree to the The Cordillera Review Terms & Conditions of Use